Skill Requirements: Must be able to communicate professionally with our clients and staff (both verbally and in writing) using appropriate language for the audience. Must possess a strong understanding of our client’s business issues. Must exhibit excellent organizational and presentation skills. Possess the ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time. Must be highly organized, a self-starter, independent worker, and aggressive in achieving results. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Must possess proven customer support experience and demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships and solve client problems. Existing Microsoft certifications or a willingness to become Microsoft certified.
- Provide general implementation, support, administration and management of Windows 7/8/10 workstations, Windows 2008/2012/2016 servers, and related services such as Exchange, Active Directory, etc.
- Provide daily ongoing support for multiple client networks both onsite and remotely by managing computers, users and domains, providing hardware and software installation, maintaining onsite and offsite backups, maintaining antivirus & spam solutions, and troubleshooting problems.
-Provide general implementation, support, administration and management of backup and security software, including ShadowProtect, Backup Exec, as well as other server based network administration tools.
- Support LAN connectivity in both simple and complex environments.
- Provide one-on-one and small group user training on operating system and software usage.
- Provide sales engineering support as requested to help close a technically complex sale.
- Provide and maintain client documentation, diagrams, drawings, etc.
- Devote adequate time to maintaining professional, human relation, and technical skills.
- Be friendly, like-able and caring in order to maintain excellent rapport and strong business relationship with all clients.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of assigned work area.
Note: The above listed duties are intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be considered as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties may be assigned as the need arises.