Principal Software Engineer
This position will work within a team inside our Austin, TX headquarters. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will design, develop and implement the code for our search engine. You will engineer tools that optimize searchaccuracy and efficiency, yielding useful search results based on specific variables. You will also maintain functionality of internal database tools; identify, analyze, and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets of search engine user click data to improve search result quality; develop classification algorithms that can classify search variables such as job industry, type, experience-level, and salary range, based on title and description; maintain a high level of speed and accuracy for performance of SQL queries; develop filters that can filter out scam jobs, illegal jobs, and improper jobs from user search result; mitigate potential security issues on webpages and improve the functionality of front-end (user-facing) job search tools; supervise Software Engineers and/or Senior Software Engineers on a daily basis.
Launched in 2010 as a product of Silicon Valley, Jobs2Careers is a fun, techy start-up and comprehensive job search engine (think Kayak for jobs). We re privately funded and profitable with brand new, custom designed offices located at 2222/360 in the Champion Office Park.
Our recent accolades include ranking #2 in HR and #131 overall in the 2014 Inc. 500 | 5000 List, being named as one of the Austin Business Journal s 2014 Best Places to Work and ranking #2 in their Fast 50, a list of the fastest growing companies in Central Texas.
- Bachelor s degree or foreign equivalent in Software Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering or a related field, plus 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the job offered or a related position
- Expertise in JAVA and J2EE projects
- Advanced coding skills
- Knowledge of iOS and Android operating systems, specifically the location technical solution and push notification solution
- Experience with Scala and knowledge of popular Scala frameworks
- Knowledge of Big Data solutions
- Familiarity with deployment tools and containers, including Jenkins, Artifactory, and github
- Experience troubleshooting technical problems
- Experience mentoring team members
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive, company-paid health, vision and dental insurance premiums for you and dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% employer contribution
- Company-sponsored life insurance and disability
- Fully-stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Awesome company events
- Company-paid gym membership (Gold's Gym or 24 Hour Fitness)
- Standard work schedule (we believe in work-life balance!)
Associated topics: access, api, firmware, principle software engineer, product development, senior engineer, senior software engineer, solution, solution architect, sr software engineer