AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food industry, is a rapidlygrowing company that values a talented, diverse and dedicated workforce. Wehave an opening for IT Technical Support-1st Shift. Ourrapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental opportunities,and we reward associates who are results-oriented, live up to theircommitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of the organization.
GREAT BENEFITS!(Medical, Dental, 401K Match) COMPETITIVE SALARY!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
Provide InformationTechnology support to users in all area of information systems and applicationsutilized by AdvancePierre Foods. Implement and execute information systems thatsatisfy AdvancePierre Foods requirements while maintaining the standards,documentation, and best practices of the Information Technology Department.Assist in maintaining multiple operating systems on various platforms, businessspecific server applications, and desktop applications. Must coordinate ormaintain equipment. IT Technology expertise in the areas of servers, PCs,network infrastructure design and maintenance, switches, routers, firewalls andprinter hardware. Will require a working knowledge of network operating systems(Microsoft Server 2003 and 2008, Linux, UNIX or AIX), PC (DOS, Windows 2000,Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7), and infrastructure hardware.
- Create and maintain user profiles on the in Active Directory, and our ERP systems.
- Setup workstations per install standards and change cabling configuration as needed.
- Monitor, communicate, and resolve all issues submitted to help desk ticketing system in a timely, and professional manner meeting company SLAs.
- Provide instructions, and training to users for proper system and application use.
- Responsible for managing backups on and off-site. Keep documentation of backup issues/resolution per SOX compliance within IT.
- Run scheduled daily, weekly, and monthly programs and procedures and distribute accurate resulting printouts as required.
- Assist in maintaining a correct inventory of computers and peripheral equipment.
- Monitor and maintain security access systems (ADT, and AMAG) for all facilities.
- Perform hardware maintenance on printers, PC's and Laptops.
- Monitor computer operations and reply to system messages in a timely manner.
- Ensure system back-ups are completed successfully, and are adequately secured.
- Provide detailed and accurate documentation of job functions, system configurations, and other related material at management's discretion/direction.
- Be proactive in communicating issues, problems and potential issues to supervisor as needed in a timely fashion.
- Maintain and manage all AdvancePierre Foods equipment including LAN/WAN network hardware per direction and instruction from Network Services.
- Support AdvancePierre Foods productive applications including, but not limited to, email, ERP, and shop floor control systems.
- Provide Technical Support for all local and remote sites.
- Provide Periodic 24x7 on-call support and maintain SLAs of on-call policies.
- Must be willing to travel between local facilities regularly, and occasionally be able to travel out of state to other AdvancePierre Foods locations as needed.
- Notify necessary personnel of equipment malfunction and places necessary service repair call as required.
- Answer telephone and take and relay messages. May be asked to assist in technical issues off-hours to support 24x7 plant operations/network operations.
- Follows-up with IT personnel and users in regards to problem determination and resolution.
- Performs all duties in accordance with established procedures and company policy.
- Performs other work in a timely manner as assigned.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate and interact in defining business and/or technology problems and implementing solutions.
- Determine information system needs, and identify opportunities for increased productivity through the introduction of information system solutions.
- Provide accurate written documentation for systems, desktop applications and/or upgrades.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDABILITIES
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work unsupervised.
- Must have working knowledge/expertise of computer concepts.
- Must have good communication skills (written/verbal) and the talent to deal with difficult problems/individuals during problem resolution.
- Must have good typing skills.
- Must be able to follow and comprehend written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work various hours as required for operation procedures and computer system upgrades/implementations.
- Must be willing to take office administration or other skill tests.
- Must be able to prioritize and troubleshoot issues while managing time for routine responsibilities and management requests.
- Bachelor or Associate degree with a major in Information Systems or business related discipline and 2 years experience in Information Technology.
- Certificates recommended include A+, MCP.
- Knowledge of Windows OS and Windows Server Platforms.