Job Title: .NET Developer
Location: Olympia, WA
Duration: 12 months (Possible extension)
Proficiency in Visual Studio 2008 and/or above
Professional job experience with C# and ASP.NET MVC (not just ASP.NET web forms)
Understanding of Object Oriented design and why it’s important
Comfortable working with WCF and web-services
Professional experience with MS SQL Server (SQL Server 2008 is a plus)
Comfortable using Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Desirable Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Familiarity with design-patterns and able to name a few
Comfortable explaining .NET reflection
Comfortable explaining LINQ-to-SQL versus LINQ for .NET collections
Comfortable explaining multi-threading
Comfortable explaining Tasks and the TPL
Familiar with Web-API and REST in the ASP.NET MVC world
It is preferable for candidates to have experience in the job-search/employment-statistics field. Specifically, we’d like to know that you:
· Can create and/or understand how to design complex reports related to job growth, employer information, wages, and industry-specific categorization of skills/wages.
· Can deal with non-standardized data that may originate from resumes, job descriptions, companies, etc.
· Comfortable with the Microsoft technology stack (.NET specifically) and working with highly scalable architectures built on that stack.
· Familiar and current with user-experience (UX) and responsive web design best-practices.
· Comfortable with Team Foundation Server for source-control
· You know what “Continuous Integration” refers to and maybe even know how to implement it
· You are naturally adept at working with people with different skills and abilities. Government processes and procedures do not scare you away from projects.