The lack of skilled IT workers is hurting the deployment of emerging technology, according to a new survey from Gartner. In areas from cloud to cybersecurity, this crisis is expected to last for years to come.
Doomsday is around the
corner, “they” all say.
Here’s a perfect antidote
to being replaced by a robot:
- Stop recruiting like one.
- Stop sending out hundreds of messages, spam, knowing that even with a pathetic reply rate you are going to get a few candidates.
- START sending targeted, informed messages that show you have done a little research on the candidate.
- Stop treating candidates like you have an endless supply of them, that they are a means to an end.
- START creating long term, meaningful relationships with them.
- Stop being one of the many, many nameless recruiters targeting a candidate, industry, or location.
- START creating a brand for yourself so when a potential candidate researches you they will want to email, call you back.
· And the big one: START attending
events and meet, shake hands, and talk with people.