Viewed 303 Times
Viewed by 201 People
The lack of skilled IT workers is hurting the deployment of emerging technology, according to a new survey from Gartner. In areas from cloud to cybersecurity, this crisis is expected to last for years to come.
Based on the Forbes’ Global 2000 list of the largest public companies in the world, several are exploring blockchain technology:
- Topping the list is Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), with $165 billion in sales, and total assets of $4.2 trillion.
- China Construction Bank Corporation (CCB), which counts $143 billion in sales and total assets of $3.63 trillion.
- JPMorgan, the largest company in the diversified financial category, with $118 billion in sales and assets valued at $2.7 trillion.
- Berkshire Hathaway, with $235 billion in sales and $702 billion in assets.
- Agricultural Bank of China Limited, with $3.4 trillion in assets, but a relatively small $129 billion in sales.
- Bank of America with $2,281 billion in assets
- Wells Fargo with $1,952 billion in assets
- Apple, the only company in the technology industry to make it into the top ten largest public companies, with $247 billion in sales and $367 billion in assets.
- The Bank of China with 19.47 trillion yuan in assets
- Ping An Insurance with $141 billion in sales and $1.06 trillion in assets.
Other companies include:
Alphabet, Amazon, Daimler, Facebook, Hitachi, IBM, Kodak, Microsoft, Mitsubishi, Sberbank and Walmart
Start-ups and smaller development companies in US include:
Specialty / Expertise: Blockchain Development, Smart Contracts, dApps
Headquarters: San Francisco, USA / Founded: 2007
- Treehouse Technology Group
Specialty / Expertise: software development, web development, blockchain development, smart contracts, Ethereum development, wallets, ICO.
Headquarters: Boston, MA / Founded: 2014
Specialty / Expertise: blockchain development, Cloud Foundry, PaaS, cloud solutions, AI, big data, TensorFlow, Hadoop, MongoDB.
Headquarters: Sunnyvale, CA, USA / Founded: 2001
- ABES Lab
Specialty / Expertise: Blockchain consulting, Architecture design, Smart contracts, Services & Applications development, Support and Maintenance.
Technology areas: Blockchain (Ethereum, Solidity, Hyperledger, DApps), Mobile (iOS, Android, React native), IoT & Analytics, Cloud (Amazon, Microsoft).
Headquarters: Philadelphia, USA / Founded: 2017
Specialty / Expertise: blockchain development, distributed systems, cryptography, payment systems, ledger technology.
Headquarters: San Francisco, USA / Founded: 2014
- Espeo Software
Headquarters: San Francisco, USA / Founded: 2008
Specialty / Expertise: blockchain consulting, public and private blockchain development, dApps, smart contracts, blockchain audit, KYC compliance, digital wallets, cryptocurrency hard forks.
Headquarters: Palo Alto, USA / Founded: 2007
- Sphere Software
Specialty / Expertise: blockchain, tokenization, hyperledger consulting, Agile mobile apps, web apps, Atlassian support, cloud solutions, big data, chatbots.
Headquarters: Chicago, USA / Founded: 2005