Based on the Forbes’ Global 2000 list of the largest public companies in the world, several are exploring blockchain technology:
- Topping the list is Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), with $165 billion in sales, and total assets of $4.2 trillion.
- China Construction Bank Corporation (CCB), which counts $143 billion in sales and total assets of $3.63 trillion.
- JPMorgan, the largest company in the diversified financial category, with $118 billion in sales and assets valued at $2.7 trillion.
- Berkshire Hathaway, with $235 billion in sales and $702 billion in assets.
- Agricultural Bank of China Limited, with $3.4 trillion in assets, but a relatively small $129 billion in sales.
- Bank of America with $2,281 billion in assets
- Wells Fargo with $1,952 billion in assets
- Apple, the only company in the technology industry to make it into the top ten largest public companies, with $247 billion in sales and $367 billion in assets.
- The Bank of China with 19.47 trillion yuan in assets
- Ping An Insurance with $141 billion in sales and $1.06 trillion in assets.
Other companies include:
Alphabet, Amazon, Daimler, Facebook, Hitachi, IBM, Kodak, Microsoft, Mitsubishi, Sberbank and Walmart
Start-ups and smaller development companies in US include:
Specialty / Expertise: Blockchain Development, Smart Contracts, dApps
Headquarters: San Francisco, USA / Founded: 2007
- Treehouse Technology Group
Specialty / Expertise: software development, web development, blockchain development, smart contracts, Ethereum development, wallets, ICO.
Headquarters: Boston, MA / Founded: 2014
Specialty / Expertise: blockchain development, Cloud Foundry, PaaS, cloud solutions, AI, big data, TensorFlow, Hadoop, MongoDB.
Headquarters: Sunnyvale, CA, USA / Founded: 2001
- ABES Lab
Specialty / Expertise: Blockchain consulting, Architecture design, Smart contracts, Services & Applications development, Support and Maintenance.
Technology areas: Blockchain (Ethereum, Solidity, Hyperledger, DApps), Mobile (iOS, Android, React native), IoT & Analytics, Cloud (Amazon, Microsoft).
Headquarters: Philadelphia, USA / Founded: 2017
Specialty / Expertise: blockchain development, distributed systems, cryptography, payment systems, ledger technology.
Headquarters: San Francisco, USA / Founded: 2014
- Espeo Software
Headquarters: San Francisco, USA / Founded: 2008
Specialty / Expertise: blockchain consulting, public and private blockchain development, dApps, smart contracts, blockchain audit, KYC compliance, digital wallets, cryptocurrency hard forks.
Headquarters: Palo Alto, USA / Founded: 2007
- Sphere Software
Specialty / Expertise: blockchain, tokenization, hyperledger consulting, Agile mobile apps, web apps, Atlassian support, cloud solutions, big data, chatbots.
Headquarters: Chicago, USA / Founded: 2005