Job Title: AWS Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Fairfield, NJ
WHO WE ARE
Hotels at Home is the global industry leader, pioneer, and number one provider of hospitality retail services. Hotels at Home collaborates with the world’s most prominent hotels to develop and manage eCommerce guest purchase programs, allowing hotel guests to purchase the beds, pillows, linens, amenities, and other items that they enjoyed during their stay. Our focus is developing and fully managing e-commerce solutions, combining our skills as marketing experts, creative strategists, designers, and technology specialists to create custom branded programs for our hotel partners. Located in Fairfield, New Jersey, we also provide order fulfilment with our in-house e-commerce department, distribution center, and call center. We also have operations headquartered in Paris, France and Shanghai, China.
We are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer who will help develop our web and corporate infrastructure at scale with our growing business. You will work with the IT Director to take ownership of existing AWS environment and work to maintain and improve all areas globally. We will look to you to ensure all best practices are being followed, operations are fully optimized, and build an infrastructure that aligns with industry security standards. You will ensure proper monitoring tools are in place and the environment is highly available and scalable to support growth of our application footprint at a moment’s notice. You will also work closely with the development teams to understand our existing application footprint and oversee migration of existing applications and databases. As our AWS expert, you will need to stay on top of the quickly changing AWS landscape to ensure we are taking advantage of new features and adhering to best practices to keep our infrastructure secure. We leverage both Windows and LAMP heavily, so you will need to be highly proficient in both technologies. (2016 & 2019 Server in Windows and Debian and Ubuntu in Linux)
- Migrate on premise applications to existing VPC globally
- Review current deployment and improve where possible
- Establish strong monitoring and maintenance procedures
- Mentor and teach less experienced technical staff to better support environment
- Work closely with our development and operations team to understand existing environment to prepare for application migration once cloud footprint established.
- You will be the resident security expert for AWS and work closely with IT Director to ensure all SG’s are properly setup and systems are locked down
- Troubleshooting complex environments and trace back to code to determine root cause analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience as an AWS cloud engineer with at least 1 global deployments
- Strong knowledge of all areas of AWS (EC2, S3, Cloudfront, Route53, ElasticIP, Cloudwatch, Load Balancing, etc)
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CFEngine, etc
- Proven track record of careful operation of production IT systems
- Experience with cloud-ready monitoring systems
- Strong Network deployment and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to work with both LAMP and WISA stack applications
- Able to work well under pressure
What We Offer
Hotels at Home has a diverse culture that is fun and relaxed and we offer paid time off, 401k with company match, and health insurance options.
For employment consideration please respond to this posting.
All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal history background check and drug screening.
WHO WE ARE
Hotels at Home is an industry-leading eCommerce solutions provider. We have been developing and managing online retail programs for many of the world’s most prestigious brands for nearly 20 years. Our fully managed eCommerce solution runs on a combination of innovative technology, deep industry expertise, and the passion and high-quality work from our collaborative team of marketing experts, creative strategists, web designers, and technology specialists. Headquartered in Fairfield, New Jersey with regional offices in Paris and Shanghai, we are continuing to grow our global operations and take pride in our long-term employees and clients.