PEMCO is looking for a Business Analyst intern who s ready to contribute to our key Digital Customer Experience (DCE) projects and initiatives. The DCE team is responsible for the PEMCO websites, with an overall responsibility for consumer and customer sales and service via pemco. com. If your studies have revealed your passion for technology, analysis, software development, and eCommerce, this internship was made for you.
As our DCE Business Analyst intern, you ll have an immediate impact on programs that improve our digital presence and customer behavior and sales results. And you ll have an opportunity to get real hand-on experience into the world of SCRUM Agile Development.
This is a full-time paid position starting in May/June, expected to last about 12 weeks (flexible around school schedule), and is based out of our headquarters in the South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle. The key topics you ll be a part of:
- Participate in the process of running SCRUM Agile Software Development:
- Sprint planning
- Scrubbing and Tasking of Stories
- Daily Sprint Stand-ups
- Mid-Sprint meetings and End-of-Sprint Retrospectives
- Assist DCE Business Analyst:
- Participate in work sessions with business units, web analytics, and technical staff to develop business requirements
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications (Stories) and provide input into test plans
- Support of system test support and consultation
- Software release planning activities
- Production validation
- Production support for our online quote & purchase, and customer self-service platforms
Engage and grow in our internship program
- Attending a university/college in the Pacific Northwest (Juniors and Seniors preferred).
- Pursuing a major/career related to information technology, business administration, project management, or equivalent.
- Computer skills to include typing, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Demonstrated teamwork and ability to work independently
- Strong Critical thinking and organizational skills
- Solid writing/communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint preferred
- Basic knowledge of project management and/or business analysis methodologies preferred
- Ready to get your career started by learning the day-in, day-out reality SCRUM Agile Development
Year after year, our PEMCO interns consistently surprise us with their talents. As one of the interns in our program, you ll enjoy the benefits of collaborating with colleagues at all levels (our executives included!), volunteering time in our community as an intern group, networking with industry professionals, and of course learning a ton in your field. About us
At PEMCO it s all about people, starting with our customers. We re a mutual insurance company owned by our Northwest policyholders and protecting their dreams since 1949. We believe in listening to our customers and showing that we understand them in ways that others don t.
At PEMCO, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. PEMCO is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.