At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
As a team member, this position will be responsible for:
Define and execute the Technology Risk Management Strategy for
- Cloud based solutions working closely with our business and technology partners in enabling internal and external cloud platform capabilities in Wells Fargo N.A.
- Support and provide risk based guidance in middleware products and services implementation, vulnerability identification, patching and configuration management activities from technology risk management perspective
- Strong partnership and collaboration with our Technology Delivery partners, Independent Risk Management partners, Enterprise Information Security, Wells Fargo Audit Services to ensure the balance between business functionality needs and the architecture and engineering health of the platform(s) and Product(s).
- Work with business partners to develop and/or evaluate business cases and align the architecture solution to meet
- Educate and influence senior IT and business leadership including strategic partnerships that span all lines of business and in the data management domain, articulating conceptual ideas and their impact to a widely divergent audience using excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Define architecture strategies and approaches to advance Enterprise Platform Services Cloud initiatives
- Identify opportunities for common solutions across the enterprise, collaborating within the architecture and development communities.
- Collaborate with business executives and senior architects to identify platform and process issues, then provides solution options and recommends options.
- Provide recommendations on system options, risks, impact on cross-domain systems, business strategy, goals and processes.
- Developing practices, processes, templates, and reporting to provide risk management reviews and participation in critical enterprise programs or projects with significant technology risks as an enabler.
- Analyzing program/project requirements against the proposed solutions to determine technology risk levels, control weaknesses and to evaluate the risk of solutions not meeting requirements resulting in a value add proposal to management in a concise and comprehensive presentation
- Reviewing mitigation/remediation plans and providing advice on mitigation effectiveness and alternative mitigation approaches as well as assisting, coaching, counseling and mentoring stakeholders
- Performing review of the work products produced by the program/project according to risk program requirements and deadlines
- Attending steering and working committees to ensure appropriate technology risk management coverage
- Recording and resolving all issues through satisfaction including warranted and limited escalation
- Producing management reporting and focused information to all stakeholders as applicable
- Assuring a comprehensive documented RACI model and adherence to model at all times
- Integrating requirements from the broader program/project into existing technology risk management processes (e.g. risk assessments)
- Effectively collaborating with business partners in the first-line-of-defense (FLOD) and second line of defense (SLOD) in the establishment of new risk management processes for the specific program/project
- Working with stakeholders to ensure each has the tools, processes and expertise to effectively manage technology risks
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the line of business, corporate regulatory and operational risk and compliance peers
- Ensuring that critical programs and projects remain aligned to the technology risk management strategy and risk framework
- The successful candidate will have the ability to translate ambiguous ideas/issues into well-defined plans/solutions; while influencing decision-making process, Self-motivated, able to work independently with a proven ability to be adaptable to a dynamic work environment with multiple priorities and strict timelines and set appropriate deliverable timelines and follow through.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of operational risk management in the financial services industry
- Experience communicating with business partners and project managers
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience leading and executing the design and development of innovative solutions and driving recommendations for changes to customer facing systems, infrastructure
- Broad and significant knowledge of technology with emphasis on development operations, SDLC, problem and incident management, configuration management, application infrastructure services (e.g. middleware), platform management, information security architecture, identity and access management, enterprise architecture, cloud, third party hosted solutions, application risk assessments, information management, enterprise data, CRM services, and books and records.
- Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures and
- Experience in review and development of risk ratings.
- IT audit or audit consulting experience
- Identification and evaluation of Technology risks and controls, including supporting technology processes.
- Experience with control evaluation and testing that including documentation of testing and reporting results.
- Experience developing and/or evaluation of technology governance programs, policies, standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and related industry control standards.
- Experience in assessing risk, writing issues, and developing appropriate corrective actions.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- Demonstrated experience with both strategic and tactical approaches to risk management.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly.
- Expertise providing oversight/leadership of successful risk management initiatives in the cloud
- Expertise in understanding business impacts of technology decisions as they relate to cloud adoption and specifically risk management and security. Be a change agent on Cloud Transformation
- Proven experience migrating production enterprise applications to Public and Private Clouds
- Possesses extensive risk management strategy and governance, technology, and process knowledge across risk domain capabilities including Cloud solutions, patch and vulnerability management, IaaS, PaaS, and network segmentation
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.