Small NYC Metro area based IT Outsourcing and Technology Consulting firm seeking experienced Systems Engineer for full-time work in NYC/ Northern NJ. Work is a mixture of onsite and remote support. This is a contract to hire position.
Who We Are:
We are an IT Outsourcing and Technology Consulting firm, specializing in the SMB marketplace. Our clients rely on us to meet their day to day IT needs and to be trusted advisers in the IT realm.
- Responsibilities range from troubleshooting help desk support issues to implementing Windows based systems, including Small Business Server, Exchange, SQL server and Terminal Server.
- You will be providing clients with various technical services pertaining to networks, workstations, remote computing, communications, and Internet solutions.
- Work will be 60-80% from home, 20-40% onsite.
- Participation in proposal content, product research and sales meetings with prospective clients may be required.
- Ideal candidate will be an IT generalist with experience in PC based client/server networking and, in particular, Microsoft based technologies.
- Candidates must have hands-on networking experience and the ability to work remotely in an efficient manner.
- Candidates must possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work independently.
- Excellent listening and analytical skills are essential, along with the ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a focused manner.
- Must have a car, valid driver’s license and be willing to travel on a daily basis within the NY/NJ Metro area.
- Must have no criminal record.
- Modern smartphone (iPhone or Android based device)
- Knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016 Server, MS Exchange, MS SQL, Terminal Server/Citrix, VPN's, Corp Antivirus, Corp Backup, Networking, Active Directory, MS Office, Outlook and Mobile Devices.
- Knowledge of Google Apps & Office365.
- Hands on experience with Sonicwall firewalls.
- Willingness to work after hours/weekends when projects/client require it.
- Must be a self-starter with a genuine interest in finding the proper IT solutions for clients.
- Ability to arrive at set time and respond to clients in a timely manner.
- Must have broadband, high-speed internet connection compatible with VoIP/SIP phone system.
- Must be able to do some lifting of equipment when necessary, usually no more than 50lbs.
- Candidates must have an ability to work in a variety of environments, have excellent follow-up skills, and provide detailed documentation.
- Comprehensive understanding of operating platforms, connectivity, security and information storage.
- PC hardware/software and networking knowledge (including servers) a must.
Additionally desired, but not required:
- Linux, Hyper-V, VMware installation, configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with RMM & PSA systems.
- HIPPA, SOX, FDA compliance knowledge.
- Knowledge of Layer 3 switching, routers, firewalls, and OS X.