What you ll be doing...
The Universal Configuration Management Database (uCMDB) Lead will have the responsibility for administering the uCMDB within the organization. The lead will architecture, implement, and maintain the uCMDB to include: discovery, configuration item maintenance and service/application modeling. Additionally the Lead implements and maintains integrations between uCMDB and other platforms and tools.
- Design, architecture, implementation and configuration of uCMDB and overall Configuration Management System (CMS).
- Identify exceptions or risks to the uCMDB process, which may negatively impact the accuracy of data and Verizon security.
- Configuration Item (CI) Discovery and maintenance and service/application modeling within the uCMDB and Asset Management Systems.
- Develop and implement uCMDB standards, plans, procedures and policy.
- Utilize current best practices for uCMDB and provide input or feedback for continuous improvement of Asset & Configuration Management systems.
- Implement and manage interfaces between Asset, Configuration Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Network Management, Release Management, Infrastructure.
- Design and support public Cloud Integration: AWS, Google, and Oracle.
- Design and support downstream feeds to Service Now CMDB.
- Model custom hardware and software discovery in support of client requests.
- Support associated tools such as Configuration Manager and UCMDB Browser.
What we re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better of you have:
- A degree.
- Advanced knowledge of CMS/uCMDB best practices.
- Experience as an uCMDB Administrator; deep knowledge of discovery patterns, service modeling and integrations.
- Expert discovery manager; experience using universal discovery agent, ssh, wmi, VMWare patterns and API integrations.
- Experience with Service Now CMDB discovery and integration.
- Software Packaging expertise; familiar with HPSA and Asset Management Integrations.
- AWS Certification or two or more years of relevant work experience in public clouds.
- Hands-on MSSQL and Oracle SQL experience.
- Strong team player with the capability to work independently; ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated troubleshooting abilities.
- Certifications in ITIL concepts and practices.
- Experience with LDAP integration.