At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Credit Risk Data Infrastructure Analyst - Credit Risk Analytical Consultant 2 (CRAC 2)
Wells Fargo Auto is focused on helping our customers meet their financial needs through financing the purchase or refinancing of an existing automobile loan. Loans are acquired through the Indirect and Direct Auto channels and are aimed at helping our customers achieve an ability to acquire transportation vehicles to get back and forth to work.
Wells Fargo Dealer Services Credit Risk team is focused on developing and implementing a Structured Lending infrastructure with a new Indirect Auto Credit Policy that is supported by advanced data, technology, underwriting workflow and automated credit and stipulation decisioning techniques. Within this group we are seeking a Credit Risk Analytical Consultant 2 to join the Credit Risk Implementation and Control group and play an active role in the design and analysis of defining the go forward Credit Risk infrastructure to support the Indirect Auto loan portfolio.
The analyst will partner closely with the data infrastructure teams and stakeholders within Consumer Lending and Corporate Credit to help execute on a credit risk infrastructure focused on meeting the analytical needs of the Credit Risk team. The current infrastructure will need to be transformed to support a proactive, data driven, and empirically based credit risk framework that is being defined with new technology, workflow, policy controls, data and decisioning approaches. This analyst is responsible for assisting with data aggregation as well as providing data to others for monitoring and oversight of the credit portfolio and delivering insights and decision strategies. They will support developing programming models to extract data and/or manipulate databases to provide statistical and financial modeling. They will partner with cross enterprise risk analysts in development of common modeling strategies. They will assist with the roll-out of programs developed as a result of programmed models. They will support large scale cross functional/cross business data efforts and process production, data reconciliation and documentation in alignment with policy governance. They will be responsible for performing complex activities related to business data analysis and data modeling.
This analyst will have a track record of success in supporting data management initiatives. Technical skills and communication skills will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate, technically skilled, and possess a demonstrated data management capability with good interpersonal effectiveness.
*Will consider all locations*
- Implement plan for unified data delivery, documentation, validation, and integrated data environment
- Assist with data warehouse improvements, research and identification of data warehouse gaps, and help implement remediation plan
- Assist with development, maintenance, and enhancement analytical SAS repositories
- Implement appropriate controls/documentation/procedures/processes to ensure Data Alignment, Consistency & Integrity and support change control process
- Sourcing, aggregation, ETL (extract, transform, load), validation, automation, research, architecture
- Coordination with CRDM/Data Warehouse/Reporting team on all definitions/field usage
- Scheduled updates with controlled validation processes
- 5+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a Master s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, economics, or engineering and 3+ years of risk reporting experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to implement plan for unified data delivery, documentation, validation, and integrated data environment
- Experience assisting with data warehouse improvements, research and identification of data warehouse gaps, and help implement remediation plan
- Ability to assist with development, maintenance, and enhancement analytical SAS repositories
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.