At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Wells Fargo Merchant Services, WFMS specializes in providing solutions such as credit card, debit card, check guarantee, e-commerce and gift cards to businesses of all sizes. WFMS is nationally recognized for its ingenuity and reputation as a leader in the electronics payments industry.
We are searching for a highly motivated Credit Risk Analytics Consultant. This is an excellent opportunity for qualified candidates to continue a successful career. The Credit Risk Analytics Consultant will be responsible for performing various activities evaluating various kinds of risks such as fraud and credit risks, providing credit decision support and account management to support an operation team.
- Design, develop and implement new statistical models and programs to identify risky accounts or transactions
- Manage existing risk management programs, making sure they are achieving expected results
- Evaluate and recommend changes to risk programs and processes where appropriate
- Identify, drive, and solve emerging risk related issues especially as it pertains to coding new and modifying existing programs
- Maintain and develop risk MIS, and look for new opportunities
- Present and communicate to other groups and senior managers
- Develop complex programming models to extract data and/or manipulate databases to provide statistical and financial modeling
Duties may also include:
- Performing the complex analysis and/or modeling that maximizes profits and/or asset growth and minimizes credit and/or operating losses and other risk exposures
- Providing analytical support on merchant acquiring programs, operating losses and other product strategies to ensure company goals are met
- Producing performance monitoring and benchmarks regarding growth, fraud, delinquency, losses and overall profitability and performance
- Coordinating the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual performance reports for senior management
- Reviewing and analyzing trends in current population distributions and recommending strategies
- Manage roll-out of pilot programs developed as a result of programmed models
- 5+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a Master s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, economics, or engineering and 3+ years of risk reporting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Payment Card Industry (PCI) controls
- 1+ year of statistical modeling experience
- A Master's degree or higher
- SQL or SAS experience
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used in: statistical analysis, modeling, and reporting
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio skills
- Ability to think creatively to find innovative solutions to complex analytical questions
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
CA-SF-Financial District: Min: $85,200 Mid: $120,000
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.