JOB TITLE: Cyber security Architect/Analyst
Virtucom is a full service technology solutions provider for K-12 public and private schools. Started in 1995, Virtucom serves small schools and large districts by managing their Information Technology (IT) infrastructure. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we support over 3,000 elementary and secondary institutions throughout the Southeastern U.S.
SUMMARY: The role has elements of strategy and long term execution of the security program as it evolves. This includes, but is not limited to the development of cybersecurity standards, reference architectures and product roadmaps that will evolve. This position will require analyzing and evaluating application systems and ensuring that proper information security and related system control procedures are designed, developed, implemented, and maintained.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, develops, evaluates, and integrates computer systems and networks to maintain system and data security.
- Analyzes, implements, and responds to requests involving changes to corporate/customer computer-based resources.
- Develops, establishes, and maintains standards, policies, and guidelines on the use of computer-based application systems while minimizing the negative impact of security on employee/customer efficiency.
- Establishes security guidelines for the implementation of new application(s) designs and major modifications prior to implementation.
- Investigates any actual potential information security violations and recommends appropriate actions.
- Installs, customizes, and maintains security efforts with internal and external auditors/analysts.
- Utilizes encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research.
- Assists with defining, promoting, and administering information security policies and practices.
- Defines security architecture direction for application developers to make sure their developed applications comply with security policies.
- Continually evolves security policies and practices applicable to technology changes.
- Conducts regular security compliance audit checks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
· Bachelor’s degree in STEM field, related discipline or equivalent.
· Five years related experience.
· Mastery of information security technologies and products and their practical
· CompTIA CySA+ certification.
· CompTIA CASP+ certification.
· CISA or CISSP certification.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work with all levels of management
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
· Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design--Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Project Management--Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Visionary Leadership--Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Planning/Organizing--Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability--Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Innovation--Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Virtucom Inc., headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, began in 1995 establishing itself as a full service technology solutions company, with a focus exclusively serving public sector, primarily K-12 education. We understand the technical and financial constraints that school systems face. Building an affordable and sustainable IT infrastructure is a win-win for students, teachers and administrators. Virtucom strives to be considered a trusted extension of the staff.... partners in the care and extension of the evolving importance of technology assisted curriculum and administrative support services. We are represented prominently in over 1000 institutions throughout the Southeast and are proud of our record of servicing small and large customers alike.