Data Engineer OR Senior Data Engineer
$74,000 - $112,000 (DOQ)
We are recruiting for either a Data Engineer (Sr Business Analyst) OR
Senior Data Engineer (Data Strategy & Analytics Consultant) Depending on Qualifications
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Analytics and Information Management at Snohomish County P.U.D. is dedicated to providing our peers and leadership the insights needed to make data driven decisions. We can't do that without adding the best and the brightest to our team. We're looking for one new team member to help us deliver innovative and robust solutions.
You have experience retrieving, integrating, and analyzing data to tell a coherent story that answers specific business questions. You are intellectually curious and seek to understand the business objectives of the company so that you can deliver analyses for the business' sake, not for the analyses' sake.
SQL might be your second favorite acronym and you are thrilled by all the interesting and powerful things it can do. You utilize best practices in data modeling, transformation, and integration while recognizing that user experience with the data is as important as technical accuracy. You simplify complex ideas and concepts and communicate them effectively to internal clients. You rapidly build prototypes and favor iteration over initial perfection. You recognize the right time to go from prototype to production and build robust solutions that account for extensibility, reuse, and ease of operation.
• Collaborate with team members and peers to support data driven decision making.
• Work with internal customers at multiple levels to define how data and analytics can improve operations and decision-making.
• Design data models using both relational and dimensional modeling techniques.
• Integrate data from disparate sources virtually and physically.
• Effectively analyze and distill data into patterns, trends, and insights.
• Efficiently deliver analysis and business intelligence solutions.
• Collaborative approach to achieving results and encouraging the inputs and ideas of others.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Strong analytical skills, business acuity and attention to detail.
• Strong SQL skills.
• Familiarity with data mining, data modeling, and statistical analysis / modeling concepts.
• Experience with SAP Business Objects or other business intelligence tools.
• Experience with PowerBI (preferred), Tableau, or other visualization tools.
• Experience in Software Development Cycle (Agile).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in the utility industry or similar industry; strong business subject matter expertise is a plus.
• Experience with SAP ECC schema and domain expertise in at least one process area
Data Engineer (Sr Business Analyst)
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field; AND
• Four (4) years progressively more responsible Data Engineer experience.
Sr Data Engineer (Data Strategy & Analytics Consultant)
• MSc in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science
• Bachelor's in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science (OR the equivalent combination of directly related education and experience in quantitative, business intelligence, and data management analysis), AND
• Three (3) years directly related subject matter expertise, quantitative, business intelligence and data management skills.
BENEFITS: Complete benefits plan and retirement program.
To Apply: Interested individuals should complete the online application and submit cover letter and resume at by 11:59 p.m. August 12, 2019. A full job description is available on the website.
Snohomish County P.U.D. #1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Disabled and Veterans.