At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) is part of the Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) business division. WFVC serves consumer and small business customers through digital (online, mobile, and social) and contact centers (phone, email, and correspondence). We provide customers with convenient ways to manage their accounts, enable digital payments, provide solutions that meet their financial needs, and more. WFVC serves over 27 million customers through our digital channels and support over 5.8 billion customer interactions annually through digital and contact centers.
The Customer Authentication and Identity Management group within WFVC organization is responsible for managing channel risks for the virtual channels (online, mobile and phone) and creating and maintaining a secure operating environment for Wells Fargo’s 25MM+ online and mobile users, which enables business growth and innovation, mitigates fraud, and maintains customer trust. With increasing bank services going mobile, including card-free ATM and wires, a customer’s reliance on a trusted mobile phone is paramount.
As a Digital Consultant 4 for the Customer Authentication and Identity Management group, you will be responsible for evolving and maintaining an enterprise authentication framework that will be used to manage risk and enhance customer and banker authentication experiences.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with business partners to determine appropriate changes to enterprise authentication framework
- Determine and document enterprise perspective on strength and appropriate use of authenticators across channels and lines of businesses
- Update and maintain enterprise authentication framework documentation and ensure appropriate governance approvals of framework
- Ensure authentication framework conforms with enterprise information security and other risk management policies, and is aligned to industry and regulatory guidance
- Work with business partners to ensure that new authentication controls implemented across the enterprise are aligned with overall framework
- Evaluate ongoing efficacy and effectiveness of the framework
- Assess exceptions to the framework and determine appropriate resolution
- Working with line of business partners to deploy authentication framework; assessing impacts of changes, mitigating impacts; gaining approvals needed
- Work with business partners to track appropriate metrics (e.g. usage, fraud rates, etc.) for authenticators in framework
- Understand customer experience and banker experience with authentication framework rules, and work with business partners to identify and address opportunities for improvement
- During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network and is a different email address than the one you originally used when you joined Wells Fargo. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
- Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo Bank.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting
- Financial services industry experience
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to manage in a matrixed organization environment
- Ability to prepare management level presentations
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to research, analyze, document, and present organizational metrics that drive business decisions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Wells Fargo Virtual Channels Fraud Prevention and Authentication business units and processes
- Experience with online authentication and detection solutions used by online financial platforms
- Experience in virtual channel contact center operating environments (phone, online, digital) for channel-specific risks, potential loss events and related controls
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of authentication processes and tools for banking contact center and branch channels
- Knowledge of fraud and authentication controls and processes
- Knowledge of regulatory guidance and industry standards for authentication
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.