||Sep 10, 2019
||3 yrs- 5 yrs
The Director of eCommerce is responsible for owning the success of all aspects of the eCommerce business including business planning, content strategy, promotional campaigns, website design, customer service, fulfillment, web analytics and web technologies. The person in this role must be a thought leader in mobile-first eCommerce, possessing the ability to influence across the organization, lead cross-functional initiatives, and have the ability to develop strong business plans that are financially sound.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
P& L Responsibility
- Builds and manages the full P& L for Z Gallerie.com with the VP of Marketing
- Ensures the site meets or exceeds weekly key performance indicators and goals including sales, conversion, and average order value (AOV) goals.
- Lead, build, develop, and scale new revenue growth opportunities.
- Work to establish a strategy for continuous analyze market trends to targeting customers that drive Gross Margin and EBITDA goals
Site Optimization and KPIs
- Drives accountability for results by reviewing weekly business and identifying actions that drive improvements in site Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Closely tracks and drives strategic decisions to positively impact KPI’s using site analytics (i.e. traffic, abandoned cart rate, conversion, page views per visit, average order size, items per order, etc.) across desktop and mobile channels.
- Analyzes KPI’s and metrics to identify trends and recommend activity to generate sales growth and maximize conversion rates.
- Work to optimize the e-commerce channel to achieve new customer acquisitions, revenue per customer, products per customer and optimal cost-to-acquire targets.
- Implements appropriate strategies to improve online user experience and drive financial performance. Continues a culture of test and learn; advises or identifies new test ideas with the goal of driving increased revenue per visit and an improved customer experience across all device types.
- Builds and optimizes an outstanding customer experience across the purchase funnel to minimize friction points and drive toward conversion and repurchase.
- Directs efforts to optimize existing site features including recommendation zones, reviews, on-site search, navigation hierarchy and faceted navigation.
- Provide business direction/guidance on the day to day operations of ZGallerie.com, ensuring the website merchandising and content, along with digital marketing strike an appropriate balance of Omni-Channel messaging and support for eCommerce goals.
- Maintain updates and resolves issues regarding the eCommerce site.
Platform & Channel Development
- Drives new site functionality and feature initiatives: identifies, recommends, and oversees implementation of approved, new functionality or solutions to drive channel sales. Serves as the business owner for all site development phases from concept to launch, including business requirements, user flows/wire frames, functional requirements, QA/testing, and post-launch monitoring and optimization.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and provides guidance for content and feature design such that the experience is optimized across all device types.
- Defines business cases for omnichannel and eCommerce offerings leveraging input from stakeholders across the organization.
- Drives realization of synergies in retail back office with offline retail.
- Lease innovation and advancement of the overall eCommerce agenda through the development and execution of a multi-year roadmap.
- Manages exist and new vendor relationships. Partners with VP of Marketing to direct request for proposal (RFP) efforts, contract negotiations, and implementation of new, approved vendor services and solutions. Ensures all existing vendor solutions and services are being maximized.
- Member of the Leadership team responsible for providing full insight into state of business, performance of key metrics, revenue and margin against forecasted goals, ROI, etc.
- Advises on key changes and strategic direction in the eCommerce landscape to secure funding for business change.
- Partners with content and Social Media managers, editors, designers, developers, and other staff to ensure alignment with the brand strategy platform.
- Builds and reviews processes that drive operational excellence across digital customer experience.
- Ensures all site content serves to meet channel goals, customers’ expectations, eCommerce best practices, and search engine optimization (SEO) requirements.
- Defines, aligns, and manages online product content including product descriptions, pictures, product metadata, categorization, and pricing.
- Aids in the development and enhancement of customer segmentation and cluster group analysis and their use in driving business performance.
- Responsible for effective merchandising and stock levels (in partnership with merchandising) of core product, best sellers and product promotions.
- Partners with VP of Marketing, VP of Merchandising and VP of Planning and Allocation to develop the promotional calendar.
- Leads and develops an eCommerce team of 3 employees and agency partners.
Partnership with Brand and Retail Marketing
- Collaborates in the planning phase and execution of marketing activities online.
- Supports development of interactive brand strategy and seasonal briefs.
Education & Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Marketing.
- MBA/MA preferred.
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Work is generally performed within and office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment.
- More than 30 hours a week is spent sitting in front of a computer.
- Visual acuity (8-10 hours viewing a computer)
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in sales, marketing, eCommerce, or project management, at least 3 of which have been specifically in eCommerce.
- Prior experience working in the retail industry in the home and/or fashion categories preferred.
- Strong technical expertise in launching and driving digital product campaigns with an emphasis on UX/UI.
- Must be proficient with web analytics – able to conduct, or assist with web analysis for PPC, SEO, SEM and web traffic usage analyses.
- Must be
- Proven experience with high level planning, cross-departmental integration and hands on tactical implementation.
- Prefer experience with CRM system CDPs and DMPs.
- Working knowledge of website development (technical and aesthetic, navigation, performance and functionality efforts) to positively impact digital growth in sales and customers
- Strong understanding of e-Commerce’s specific business practices and consumer behavior, best practice marketing strategy and tools, vendor management and project management.
- Proven ability to interact & collaborate across multiple functions in order to accomplish a common goal.
- Ability to utilize metrics/analytics to identify operational and site opportunities.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to influence others without direct authority over them or their budgets.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Software Powered by iCIMS
At Z Gallerie we pride ourselves in providing an inspiring and motivating working environment. We believe our associates have a positive impact and play a crucial role in building our brand. We recognize that our most valuable asset is our employees. We are always looking for energetic and talented individuals to be part of our growing team.
Z Gallerie takes pride in its people and its products and is committed to providing equal opportunity employment.