Duties and responsibilities:
Receives telephone calls, tickets and e-mails from remote users having problems with software and hardware or inquiring how to use specific software, electronic mail, or operating systems.
* Provides immediate acknowledgement of the issue
* Initiates triage of the issue
Ascertains from computer user the nature of problem, formulates diagnosis, and assists users through problem solving steps.
* Communicates with the user via telephone, email, and ticketing system to determine nature of the issue
* Performs first level troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue
* Escalates the issue internally or to external vendors as needed
* Takes full ownership of the issue through completion or hand-off to another internal IT employee
* Acts as liaison between user and external vendor anytime an external vendor is engaged
Assesses and troubleshoots computer support problems and applies understanding of software, hardware, and services to resolve problems for users.
As an ambassador for the Sono Bello IT department, always:
* Communicates in a friendly and professional manner
* Provides regular status updates on all issues through completion
* Provides proactive solutions when a pattern of issues is identified
* Creates a partnership with all internal and external contacts
* The candidate should have an Associate s degree in a technology related field, or relevant Microsoft certification (MCITP, MCP, MCSA), or equivalent work experience.
* Experience installing and supporting PC and/or Mac onsite and remote
* Knowledge with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity
* Familiar with Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint
* Experience managing users in Active Directory (User creation and group membership)
* Experience building and troubleshooting simple networks
* Excellent prioritization and project development skills
* Ability to pivot from one project/task to another, maximizing efficiency
* Able to work independently
* Excellent note taking skills, building how-to's for yourself and Knowledge Base
* Must be customer service-oriented and friendly
* Comfortable supporting executives in business professional environment
* Experience working with a ticketing system
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The work environment is primarily indoors. The position may have minimal travel.