What you will own, manage, and be accountable for:
- Work with stakeholders to define success criteria, development timeline, and deployment plan
- Lead medium to large scale projects, is accountable for success criteria
- Develop project and stakeholder communication plans
- You will mentor junior staff and ensure that appropriate pre-existing capabilities are leveraged where possible
- Develop reproducible information products and modular reference implementations for engineering
- Take ownership of a program to improve data science capabilities for multiple departments or business processes
- Both lead findings presentations with stakeholders, as well as review and coach junior members in presenting findings to stakeholders.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience working with real data sets in a for-profit, business setting.
- Minimum Education Level: Master’s Degree; Required Concentration: Analytics/Statistics / Ops. Research / Computer Science OR Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and related data science experience
- Ability to distill and present complex concepts to a business audience
- Scoping and managing medium to large sized projects
- Experience with different algorithm families and experience selecting, applying, and measuring model performance in a for-profit setting
- Strong background working with machine learning and optimization techniques in a for-profit setting
- Proven history working of data integration with SQL, as well as within a statistical programming language such as R or Python in a for-profit setting
- Understands and practices the application of best practices in reproducible research and software engineering
- Strong expertise in all phases of the modeling pipeline on both desktop and distributed/cloud platforms in a for-profit setting
- Strong working knowledge of classical statistics and knowledge of design of experiments
- Experience with Spatial & Temporal Statistics
- Demonstrated Exploratory Analysis and Visualization abilities in a for-profit setting
- Solid experience at the Linux command line and with shell scripting
- Experience automating applications in a distributed / parallel environment
Catapult Recruiting was founded by a group of seasoned IT professionals who are native to the Portland area and love Oregon. Our vision is where all our customers technology staffing needs are filled by professional, reliable, happy people who love their work and love the company they work for. By identifying and satisfying our customers needs utilizing qualified professionals and modern tools, we are working hard to build stronger business relationships!!