The Sr. Programmer/Analyst will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. They must be capable of developing High Level Designs in conjunction with IT Architects and be able to communicate those designs effectively to team developers. A Sr. P/A will generally be able to work independently and give mentoring to young members of the team. Their strong development skills allows them to accept responsibilities that requires independent thinking and support research activities to advance the team skills and understanding as a whole.
- Translate requirements into High Level Design when functioning in the role of Project Architect.
- Develop software applications and/or components according to requirements and High Level Design, by actively participating in relevant phases of the application development life cycle, while providing mentoring and support to more junior team members.
- Document developed software. This includes in-line documentation and standalone documents as may be necessary to describe the implementation of requirements to other team members.
- Maintain an understanding of First Command business practices and philosophy and the information technology needs of the user community.
- Increase the knowledge and effectiveness of the development team through research and development using new technologies or tools.
- Lead code review meetings. Ensuring that all team members adhere to the coding standards and practices.
- Mentor other programmers.
- Ensure all team members are completing their scheduled tasks.
- A Bachelor's degree is required (Computer Science, or a related subject is preferred).
- 7+ years' experience in the development of enterprise wide applications.
- 7+ years' experience with object oriented design (.Net, C#).
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Maintain and demonstrate technical proficiency in application development languages, libraries, tools, methodologies, and techniques used by First Command which include, but are not limited to:
- Microsoft Windows OS.
- Object-oriented methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Web/Internet development tools and techniques.
- N-tier and distributed architecture.
- SQL in a relational database such as SQL Server, or DB2.
- Database querying tools.
- System monitoring, profiling and other debugging tools used complement those used in the normal development IDE.
- Ensure project success and superior application design by being able to formulate, present and articulate effective and progressive development designs or alternatives which adhere to First Command standards and satisfy customer needs.
- provided by Dice see full job description
- Extensive experience in developing web applications using .NET MVC framework.
- Extensive experience with WebAPI.
- Extensive experience developing WCF or JSON web service.
- Experience working with Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (LINQ).
- Experience using build management and continuous integration tool (TeamCity).