||Aug 09, 2019
||3 yrs- 5 yrs
The Regeneron Genetics Center (RGC) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, whose goals are to apply large scale human genetics to identify new drug targets and to guide the development of therapeutics programs and precision medicine. Building upon Regeneron's strengths in mouse genetics and genetics-driven drug discovery and development, the RGC specializes in ultra-high-throughput exome sequencing, large scale informatics and data analysis encompassing genomics and electronic health records, and translating genetic discoveries into new biology and drug discovery opportunities. The RGC leverages multiple approaches including large population based studies, Mendelian genetics and family based studies, founder population genetics, and large-scale disease focused projects and has developed a network of over 50 collaborations with research organizations around the world. Including some of the largest sequencing studies in the world, such as the DiscovEHR study in collaboration with Geisinger Health System, and an initiative to sequence 500,000 participants with the UK Biobank, the RGC has built one of the largest human genetics databases, including sequence data from over several hundred thousand participants and rapidly growing. Our interests encompass a breadth of different areas across all therapeutic areas and the RGC is highly integrated into all facets of research and development at Regeneron. Program goals include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification. Objectives include advancing basic science around the world through public sharing of discoveries, providing clinically-valuable insights to physicians and providers of collaborating health-care systems, improving patient outcomes, and identifying novel targets for drug development.
Enable the analysis and interpretation of genetic data for 100,000s of individuals, by developing the analyses tools and pipelines that will enable scientists to explore the data at scale. Our goal at the Regeneron Genetics Center is to generate the knowledge that will enable Regeneron to deliver better medicines to the patients who need them. This is an opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding research environment that constantly poses new technical and computational problems. You will work collaboratively with other experts in genomic data analysis, biology, computation and medicine to design, implement and refine world class data analysis and visualization tools.
• Design, develop and deploy pipelines that enable reproducible and scalable processing of very large datasets in cloud environments.
• Work with application developers and end users to connect high-quality analysis processes and interfaces to scalable cloud compute resources and large datasets.
• Automate processes for securing systems and data, for allocating limited resources, for monitoring and collecting use metrics, and for responding to security incidents.
• Help organize a cloud-based strategy for achieving performance and cost and user experience goals.
• Implement scalable, portable and standards compliant code.
• Evaluate code for efficiency, correctness and style.
• Motivated to work in a rapidly evolving, exciting environment
• Outstanding communication skills and an ability to summarize and present plans, prototypes and results a variety of audiences, ranging from experts in application development, to experts in biology, drug design and medicine.
• Ability to work in a highly interactive environment with a diverse team of colleagues.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, with 5 years of experience in developing reusable software and software components.
• Experience with web service and application components, including HTTP servers, proxies, and SQL/NoSQL database servers.
• Experience with cloud computing environments (such as Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure) and with related services (including, for example, services for image processing, data storage and querying, and machine learning).
• Proficiency in the principles of computer programming and at least one high-level language: C/C++, Python or Java.
• Experience with containerization systems, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
• Familiar with web-development standards and frameworks, such as d3, jQuery, HTML5, and CSS is a plus.
• Expertise with the analysis of genomic data is a plus. Demonstrated by leadership or contributor roles to genomic analysis packages and tools available on GitHub or elsewhere is a plus.
• Experience working with RESTful APIs, both as a consumer and provider.
• Experience with modern version control systems, such as Git.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.