*The office location is in Tukwilla, WA
Department: IT Engineering
Start Date: Now
Triton Technical is an IT and Audio/Video integration firm that designs and deploys complex integrated systems for the private yacht industry. We have a high energy, fast paced, fun and collaborative environment and we are looking to add a qualified individual to our team.
We are looking to hire a Network Engineer to join a small but growing IT engineering team located in Portland, OR. These Systems Engineers will assist with IT testing, standardization, configuration and deployments for our clients. Further responsibilities will include remote troubleshooting, maintaining, building and documenting IT & AV systems for various client yachts around the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verifies, updates, and manages changes to the network documentation
- Designs and tests network solutions for client locations around the world
- Determines and documents standards for switches, firewall, wireless access points, bandwidth management devices, and modems
- Defines and documents network deployment processes
- Educates the IT department about standards, tools, troubleshooting techniques, and new technologies
- Configures and deploys network systems on site
- Coordinates and automates the implementation of the standards on existing and new systems
- Member of a 24x7 on-call rotation team to provide support for the data, telecommunications and A/V systems
- Performs diagnostics and repairs of IT, telecommunications, and A/V hardware, software, cabling and related components
- Assists with software implementation and systems configuration
- Assists with backup and restoration processes and procedures
- Tests and performs system upgrades to maintain maximum system reliability
- Communicates and coordinates system maintenance schedules and downtime to users and stakeholders
- Writes and maintains documentation to include standards documents, evaluation reports, site information spreadsheets, help manuals, installation procedures (for both client and internal use)
- Verifies, updates, and manages changes to network documentation
- Escalation point for a helpdesk system
- Working with remote teams and clients
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Firewall (Palo Alto, Kerio, ASA) configuration and best practices
- VPN technologies
- QoS implementation and troubleshooting
- Multicast implementation and troubleshooting
- Routing Protocols implementation and troubleshooting
- ACLs implementation and troubleshooting
- STP implementation and troubleshooting
- RADIUS implementation and troubleshooting
- TACACS implementation and troubleshooting
- Syslog tools and best practices
- POE implementation and troubleshooting
- Fiber and copper cabling
- DHCP in a VLAN/Routed environment
- NAT in complex environments
- Wireless planning, configuration, encryption, and testing
- VOIP implementation and troubleshooting
- Virtualization usage and administration (VMWare 5 through 6.7)
- Microsoft Server usage and administration (2008 through 2019)
- System automation utilizing a common scripting language
- Desire to learn
- Creative problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Driver License
- Valid Passport
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift more than 75 pounds. The vision requirement includes: the ability to adjust focus; depth perception; peripheral vision; distance vision; and close vision.
How to Apply:
Triton Technical job applications are processed through an online test center. You will need to fill out an online job application and upload your resume through a web portal. You will be required to take some brief online tests in order to qualify for this position. The job application and tests are administered through the following link: https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-CDCFEFE4C?u=128080
The job application process takes about 30 minutes. You may contact careers @tritontechnical.com only if you are experiencing technical difficulties with the online application.
Triton Technical prospers in a world of possibility, where the only limit is imagination... and we think there is no limit to that at all.
Triton Technical provides consulting, engineering, and integration of entertainment systems, control systems, and communication systems for privately owned mega yachts around the world. Our projects are a collaboration of inspiration, organization, technical expertise and timing. Each of our founders have experience in project deployment, engineering, installation, and operations. Our aim is to bring the value of that expertise to each and every project while providing a positive difference to our clients lives.
Often we are approached by those looking for something extraordinary - communications, entertainment, and control system like no other. We always balance creativity and functionality with complete flexibility.
To make all of this happen, we have a highly motivated and skilled team. Each of our employees take pride and ownership of their overall imprint on the performance of the company and satisfaction of our clients. We operate in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing and evolving. Our employees are open minded, have a great sense of humor and know how to have fun while performing to the highest of standards. We offer career growth opportunities, full benefits, competitive salary, and 401k.