Valytics is seeking qualified Healthcare Patient Identity Management and/or Health Information Management Program Analysts in Birmingham and/or Tuscaloosa, Alabama. As part of a larger team, you will ensure the integrity of patient and beneficiary data on a large healthcare network’s central database. This effort will ensure that each patient has one and only one patient record and that this record does not contain information for any other patient.
In this role, you will leverage Master Patient Index (MPI) software and other automated tools to identify and analyze patient identity errors, discrepancies, exceptions and anomalies, to include fragmented, duplicate, mismatched (crossed) records on the client organization’s database. Then you will follow existing policies and procedures to document your analysis and make the required edits on patient demographics fields needed to resolve these patient identity problems. Your efforts will also include communication and collaboration with treatment facility staff for identity verification and to resolve problems on their local platforms. Additional tasks may include the identification of process improvements or system enhancements to and limited support of testing the programs used to access and update patient records.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
· Minimum of two years of experience analyzing, verifying, and updating patient identity and demographic data;
· Prior professional use of Master Patient Index (MPI) software in a commercial, Department of Defense, or Veterans Affairs setting is preferred;
· Ability to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds throughout the country in a diplomatic and professional manner;
· Ability to work in a professional setting, as part of a team, while carefully following standard operating procedures ;
· Familiarity with the handling of PHI, PII and other sensitive information.
All applicants must:
· Have or be eligible to receive a security clearance;
· Have at least a Associate’s degree in a healthcare related field (equivalent relevant job experience may be substituted) ;
· RHIA Certification is preferred.
Valytics offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer. Former military and veterans with relevant experience are encouraged to apply.