Want a growing career in an innovative & exciting company?
Latitude 36 Foods is under new ownership, reinforced with over 20 years of established experience and customer satisfaction. Join our Lat 36 Winning Team! Where our employees are equally as valuable as our customers and we do the right thing, because it's the right thing to do!
Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
Reports To: Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance Department: Food Safety and Quality Assurance
Location: Corona, California Position Type: Full Time
Classification: Exempt Shift: Flexible
As the Food Safety and Quality Manager you will be a key member of the Quality and Food Safety team responsible for providing strategic direction and implementation of all necessary food safety and quality programs and ensuring the safety, quality, and regulatory compliance of Latitude 36 Foods products. This individual must demonstrate strong leadership skills with the ability to act collaboratively, proactively, and consistently engaged to find solutions to achieve Latitude 36 Foods objectives.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a regionally accredited four-year college or university
· At least 5 years of progressive food industry experience in food safety and quality assurance
· Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
· HACCP/PCQI and SQF certifications are preferred
· Bi-lingual (English and Spanish preferred)
· Responsible for overseeing the QA staff and ensures that all QA programs are followed, makes sound decisions and executes quality oversight.
· Executes quality and food safety objectives as directed by the Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance, as well as the adherence and execution of all company policies and programs associated with Foods Safety and Quality.
· Works with QA staff members to prevent process or product failures. Focuses on continuous improvement of product quality through the development of quality plans, process controls, attention to process details and specifications and quality training.
· Oversees the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF System, including food safety fundamentals, the food safety plan and the food quality plan outlined in the SQF code.
· Communicates to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System.
· Work with FSIS inspectors and other certification bodies such as Kosher, Organic, CDFA.
· Maintains the Hold and Release Program, prepares hold report, and conducts weekly meetings to check status of any hold issues which are not resolved in a timely manner. Works with Purchasing, Inventory Control, and Warehouse personnel to investigate and manage QA Holds.
· Oversees the implementation of Environmental Program and conduct root cause investigation when needed.
· Investigates customer complaints and non-conformance issues. Conducts finished product and raw material traceability/troubleshooting in response to customer complaints or in-house product issues.
· Assists plant with plant-wide training in the areas of HACCP, Sanitation, Allergen Control, Facility Security, Food Safety, and GMP’s.
· Manages employees in the Quality Assurance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and developing employees; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- · Experience in developing, implementing, certifying and reliably maintaining GFSI food safety and quality management programs
- · Proven track record of acting as a food and safety expert making business and quality risk-based decisions and recommendations based on scientific, regulatory and quality evidence in FDA processing plant. USDA experience preferred.
- · Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance principles, food science, SPC and statistics; preferred.
- · Ability to uphold regulatory, company and customer standards.
- · Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- · Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- · Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- · Excellent planning and organizational skills with demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
- · Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Must be flexible to work off hours or days (including weekends).
- Must be able to work off shifts.
- Ability to work in refrigerated warehouse environment.
Latitude 36 Foods is the leading supplier of packaged food condiments, specializing in salad toppers and spices. Our customers include some of the largest produce manufacturers and retailers throughout the country. We’re focused on continuous growth within our operations, development of our employees and exceeding customer expectations. At Latitude 36 Foods, we are a value-driven Company, we do the right thing, because it’s the right thing to do. This stands true for our employees, customers and suppliers.
We offer a great working environment that is challenging and fast-paced. In addition, we offer competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Employer Match, Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the growth of a highly successful company and be recognized for your achievements!