||Mar 07, 2019
||3 yrs- 5 yrs
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. is seeking a Senior Scientist, Workforce Analytics with a primary location in New Brunswick, NJ.With over $75 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. The Workforce Analytics team at Johnson & Johnson provides the insights and perspective on our employees and workforce that allow us to fulfill our mission of helping people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives. The Senior Scientist will partner with colleagues as well as internal partners and external organizations to apply algorithms and methods to address critical questions about our workforce. The role will work with an array of employees at various levels of the organization including senior management to help ensure that our investment in people aligns with the overall strategy of our organization. Your contributions will help ensure we continue to grow the rich culture and workplace that inspire the people of Johnson & Johnson.
- Translate key business questions to conceive, design, develop, and execute analytical solutions. End-to-end analytical solutions may include developing requirements, gathering/processing/analyzing data, and delivering insights through various channels (presentations, applications, other content).
- Participate and lead project teams comprised of internal and external team members
- Elicit needs and act in a primary role as a trusted business and analytical partner. Influence decisions in the organization.
- Keep up-to-date on the leading edge of data mining and machine learning research by doing novel studies and keeping apprised with industry research/practices
- Serve as part of a dynamic team with success hinging on effective collaboration and mentoring of other team members.
- Work with large, complex data sets demonstrating exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data.
- Make business recommendations by delivering effective presentations of findings to multiple levels of partners through visual displays of quantitative and qualitative information.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Minimum of Master s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence or other related discpline is required; PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience applying machine learning algorithms and data mining approaches in an applied setting is required.
- A deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques/algorithms and their mathematical foundations to apply and tailor as necessary to include supervised, unsupervised, and semi-supervised learning methods is required.
- Understanding of applied statistics (e. g., advanced statistical analysis, underlying assumptions of statistical modeling, interpretation of statistical results) and know which methods are most appropriate for a given research problem is required.
- Proficient in R or Python program languages is preferred including ability to write code.
- Demonstrated ability both to teach others and to listen as well as learn new techniques is required.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience working with human resources/people data is a major plus.
- This position will be primarily located in New Brunswick, NJ with up to 5% domestic travel required.