The ServiceNow Architect is responsible for design, development, maintenance, administration, and continuous improvement of enterprise Service Management solutions in ServiceNow. Additionally, this role is also responsible for assisting with the customer CMDB model and will Lead the design, development, configuration, and maintenance of enterprise Service Management solutions using ServiceNow. The successful candidate will be accountable for technical solutions proposed/implemented and all changes pushed to production. This is a SME/Subject matter expert role; the successful candidate will advise the existing internal ServiceNow infrastructure team (and customers) on workflow design and provide guidance on day to day activities and administration following industry standards. Development efforts will include (but are not limited to) custom portal pages, modules, API and software integrations, customized web pages, User interface policies, scripts, etc. The ServiceNow Architected will oversee administration of ServiceNow to include upgrades, updates, etc. to Senior program leadership and customer and will chart overall ServiceNow roadmap for the enterprise.
• Designs, plans, and administrates ServiceNow at an Architect level.
• responsible for design, development, maintenance, administration, and continuous improvement of enterprise Service Management solutions in ServiceNow
• Develops automation scripts for efficient deployment and operations of ServiceNow using a variety of scripting and programming languages.
• Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in ServiceNow
• Evaluates and reports on new ServiceNow technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
• May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Develops creative technical solutions to complex problems.
• Guides the successful completion of major projects.
• Represents the organization as a prime technical contact on projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters.
• Work is performed without appreciable direction and reviewed for desired results.
• Exercises judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Establishes and recommends changes to policies.
• Familiar with Agile development processes.
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
• BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree)
• 5+ years of professional experience in design and development in ServiceNow
• Experience integrating cloud services with scripts/code to create customer facing solutions.
• Certified ServiceNow Application Developer
• System integration experience using web services and other web-based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
• Deep understanding of ServiceNow platform capabilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience implementing best-practices and procedures
• Expert working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Change Management, Service Catalog, Problem Management, Incident Management, CMDB, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, etc.
• Expert ability to provide ServiceNow customization and configuration including but not limited to: scripting, workflow administration, report setup, module customization, data imports and third-part software integration.
• Ability to articulate complex solutions and roadmaps to senior level executive customers.
• US Citizenship is required
• Able to obtain (and maintain) Government Public Trust designation as a condition of employment.
• Able to travel up to 5 percent
• Position is remote/telecommute based, 95 percent
MCPGOV is a Small Woman Owned Business that is based in the San Diego, CA. area and has been supporting the Federal Government for 20+ years. The success of MCPGOV is in their people... They are dedicated to “The Mission” of their customers. This is done with Integrity, Intelligence, Honesty and the desire to help the end user maximize their annual IT budget.