MediSked, LLC is a growing software firm, headquartered in Rochester, NY. MediSked is the leading brand in holistic
solutions that improve lives, drive efficiencies and generate innovations for human service organizations that support
our community. Because our customers are in the selfless business of making the lives of those they serve as fulfilling as
possible, our company is comprised of passionate and proactive people looking to make a difference. We are searching
for smart, motivated individuals to join our team that can thrive in a tech business setting but also have a compassionate
side that connects to our customers and culture.
The Development Engineer is a technical and passionate individual that enjoys designing and implementing solutions to
help further build the software platforms offered by MediSked, LLC.
• Technical Proficiency: Members of the MediSked Technology Operations organization possess and maintain
deep technology expertise and demonstrate the technical acumen required to deliver world-class products and
solutions for the human services space.
• Customer Focus: MediSked employees put themselves in the shoes of the customer and the client when
evaluating customer requests, demonstrating daily that we are dedicated experts (both in technology and the
I/DD space) committed to the same goals as our customers.
• Ownership: Regardless of their level in the org chart, MediSked employees take ownership of items that come
across their desk, seeing that they are brought to fruitful and effective completion, including working across
teams and orgs to ensure that all steps required to bring items to closure are completed. Responsibility doesn’t
end with a handoff to another person, team or organization.
• Industry Knowledge: We build and maintain a level of expertise in the I/DD and LTSS space as required to speak
credibly to customers and to design and deliver software that meets and exceeds the unique needs of this
• Teamwork: Even though we have distinct, specialized teams, we work at all levels of the org chart as a one
MediSked to complete deliverables and meet customer commitments. We strive for win-win-win resolutions to
all difference of opinion between teams.
• Efficiency: Work across teams – especially when handoffs are required between teams – is done expeditiously
and effectively, without dropping the baton. Controls and metrics are in place to catch missed handoffs and
measure the efficiency of cross-team collaboration
• Be an effective software engineer across the whole cycle from envisioning features all the way to stabilizing
and releasing them.
• Be a team player who works well in a collaborative environment with test and product/project management.
• Be a key driver of a features, modules, and platforms and have ownership of several MediSked components.
• Work with clients, partners, and internal resources to deliver functionality and appropriate documentation
and specification materials.
• Drive forward the platforms and ease-of-use for end users, internal teams, and other developers.
• Participate in technical design, managing and building new relationships with internal and external customers
and great team spirit.
• Make use of exceptional customer service and problem solving skills, the ability to work with minimal
supervision, and operate as a key resource within the engineering team.
• Solid full stack developer skills in the following areas are needed to work effectively in cross-group situations
and to drive towards customer-focused solutions:
o ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC
o Web Services (REST and/or Web API)
o Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
o Familiar with .NET framework 4.x
o Classic ASP/VBScript is a plus
o IIS 8.0/8.5
o SQL Server 2012-2014 development and related data access technologies
Perform other functions as required.
• Solid coding and debugging skills with C#, ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC, Web API
• Experience with C# / ASP.NET and a willingness to learn new technologies
• Experience consuming web services (REST/RESTful/JSON)
• Experience with agile methodology
• Experience with Atlassian tools like JIRA, Confluence, etc.
• Great teamwork and communication skills
• Good cross-team and collaboration skills
• Solid OOP and software design knowledge
• Ability to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
• Experience with SQL database structures and queries using Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity environment
• Bachelor’s degree required
MediSked, LLC is a growing software firm, headquartered in Rochester, NY, that is one of the Rochester Top 100 Companies and an industry leader in serving the needs of home health and human service provider agencies as well as managed care and oversight organizations. Because our customers are in the selfless business of making the lives of those they serve as fulfilling as possible, our organization is comprised of passionate and proactive people looking to make a difference. We are searching for smart, motivated individuals to join our team that can thrive in a tech business setting but also have a compassionate side that connects to our customers and culture.
MediSked, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.