Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) is looking for an engineer with experience in Firmware/Software Engineering to join our Government Services Division team. This position supports a variety of projects involving development and analysis of complex software and hardware systems. The ideal candidate will have experience interfacing with hardware, developing software and firmware, and using a variety of test/diagnostic equipment. A US Citizenship is required for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participate in the design, implementation, and test of firmware/software systems.
2. Understand hardware and software interactions, and collaborate with Hardware Engineers.
3. Prepare and maintain designs and test documentation.
4. Mentor Associate Engineers and Technicians.
5. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
6. Understand. Create. Simplify.
7. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
Typically 2+ years experience in firmware/software development including:
- C, C#, C++ or assembly language
- Firmware/software design, development, and testing
Additionally, experience in one or more of the following:
- Linux/UNIX development
- Real-time operating systems
- Windows application development
- Graphical User Interface applications
- Object oriented design and languages
- Software unit testing framework
- Python or other scripting languages
- Real-time firmware design
- Digital and analog circuit design
- Digital communications/protocols
- U.S. Citizenship
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
SEL invents, designs, and builds digital products and systems that protect power grids around the world. This technology prevents blackouts and enables customers to improve power system reliability and safety at a reduced cost. A 100 percent employee-owned company headquartered in Pullman, Washington, SEL has manufactured products in the United States since 1984 and now serves customers worldwide. Our mission is simple: to make electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical.