Position: Software Engineer
Location: This position is located in Mobile, AL. No relocation assistance available.
Compensation: Salary, DOE
ALEN, Inc. (ALEN) is a privately held, Software as a Service (SaaS) provider solutions to government, public safety and related markets. Located in Mobile, AL, we currently supply over 200 government organizations nationwide with secure, state of the art, cloud-based solutions for Criminal Justice Records, Records Management, and E-Ticketing and Computer Aided Dispatch and more.
We are seeking software developer responsible for building applications using ASP.NET MVC Core, Entity Framework, Vue JS, and other modern web development tools.
Your primary responsibility will be to design, develop, deploy, and maintain multiple layers of our applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Implement data solutions: SQL (Relational), document, and graph databases as well as key-value and blob stores
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Ensure all application layers are secure and compliant with ALEN standards and regulations
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Estimate development tasks as needed utilizing agile methodologies
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Investigate the technical feasibility of UI/UX design proposals
- Ensure that all applications properly implement ALEN best practices
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of .NET web framework, ASP.NET or ASP.NET Core
- Proficient in C# and optionally VB.NET, with a good knowledge of their ecosystems
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable libraries
- Experience with queuing systems or service busses
- Ability to develop real time application using Web Sockets / SignalR or similar platforms
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns with an emphasis microservices
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server and optionally Graph/Document databases such as ArangoDB or MongoDB.
- Ability to write clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Proficient with application lifecycle management tools such as Jira, Confluence, and GitLab/GitHub
- Good understanding of modern client-side framework such as Vue JS, React, or Angular
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance concerns
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science is a plus but not required given adequate proof of ability is provided.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have a valid U.S. state driver’s license
- Must pass 50 state criminal background check
- Familiarity with Azure ecosystem including deployment and provisioning appropriate Azure offerings
- Familiarity with Identity Server 4 and/or OpenID Connect
- Familiarity with public safety or federal government entities
ALEN is a leading provider of cloud solutions for federal, state, and local law enforcement throughout the United States. Our goal is to provide agencies of all types and sizes with secure, affordable, and efficient solutions that utilize the latest technologies available today.