Sr Specialist, FPGA Design (Electrical Engineer)
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
Job ID: SIS20192702-30296
The FPGA Engineer will perform the following:
- Thorough understanding of VHDL, the FPGA design process and the tools used to generate the FPGA designs.
- Understand the requirements, architect a solution targeting an FPGA against those requirements and implement that solution in an FPGA.
- Lead a small team of designers in generating the FPGA design solutions.
- Simulate the FPGA to verify performance, then integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly
- Full life cycle development and integration of VHDL into different families of FPGAs.
- Bachelors’ Degree with a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience, or equivalent
- Active Secret Security Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Current TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience with high speed memory interfaces.
- Experience with high speed serial protocols (PCI Express, SRIO, Ethernet).
- Experience with Analog to Digital (AD) and Digital to Analog (DA) interfaces.
- Experience with control protocols such I2C, SPI, RS-232/422, and SpaceWire.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work and communicate effectively within a development group.
- Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with Hardware / Software Engineering and Systems Engineering is preferred.
- Proficiency with Xilinx, Microsemi, and Altera Tool Suites (VHDL, Synthesis, Place and Route, Simulation, Timing Analysis).
Please be aware that this position requires an active Secret security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Location: USA - NJ - Clifton
Activation Date: Monday, April 1, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 1, 2019