Location: Philadelphia, PA or Santa Barbara, CA
ClarionDoor provides a best-in-class, cloud-based, SaaS platform for distributing property & casualty insurance, including pricing management, forms management, web service management, reporting/analytics, and more.
Work with us as we bring on new customers and push to extend our lead in this market.
The Technical Business Analyst holds responsibilities related to the overall success of ClarionDoor’s product implementations. This includes supporting projects with new ClarionDoor customers as well as working with existing customers on their ongoing enhancements and maintenance requests. Responsibilities include working with ClarionDoor’s full suite of products known as the CD Digital Distribution Suite. The CD Digital Distribution Suite includes CD Rating, CD Quoting Portal, CD Forms and CD Issuance.
The Technical Analyst position will utilize ClarionDoor’s web-based configuration tools in tandem with Microsoft Excel to develop, maintain and decompose rating formulas. The Technical Analyst will also use the ClarionDoor configuration tools to develop and maintain customer quoting (web) portals. Additionally, the Technical Analyst will use ClarionDoor’s configuration tools to enable APIs/web services included in the CD Digital Distribution Suite
A combination of advanced skills using web-based software applications, Microsoft Excel, XML/JSON, and APIs/Web Services is desired. The Technical Analyst will help facilitate project implementations with a ClarionDoor Lead Analyst, working within the desired project time frames. The Technical Analyst will also be a key communicator with ClarionDoor’s internal development team to aid in the completion of assigned tasks.
- Develop accurate rating plans (algorithms and rating factors) for customer's insurance products
- Decompose rating algorithms (typically provided in MS Excel workbooks) and reconfigure factors and formulas using ClarionDoor’s configuration tools
- Develop forms selection, forms mapping logic and generation of forms issuance for customer's insurance products
- Develop customer quoting portals utilizing ClarionDoor configuration tools
- Configure XML/JSON web-services and transformations for internal and external APIs
- Communicate issues/requirements between assigned ClarionDoor Lead Analyst and ClarionDoor development team
- Document technical requirements and procedures for external customers
- Help enhance our products and create new features
- Great attitude & strong desire to learn
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced/Expert skills in building Microsoft Excel formulas, pivot tables, and macros
- Advanced/Expert with XML/XSLT/JSON
- Advanced using web-based software applications
- Strong analytical skills, ability to problem solve and anticipate problems based off previous experience
- Strong communication skills: Comfortable speaking and communicating with clients, customers and key stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Proficient with all MS Office products
- Team oriented skills: Experience working with/leading project teams with specific timelines
- Familiarity with programming languages, databases or other development skills a plus
- Familiarity with JIRA or other web-based issue tracking tools a plus
- Familiarity with Swagger, Postman or other online documentation and API testing tools a plus
- Seeks challenging work and is eager to learn new development technologies and application areas
- Strong ability to meet deadlines and communicate reasonable goals
- Ability to learn internal processes and train external users
- Ability to interact in a collaborative development environment
• The leading provider of cloud-based distribution software for the insurance industry.
• Customers around the world, with millions of quotes transacted on our servers.
• A small, growing team with a great office right in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara and a satellite office in downtown Philadelphia.
• A rare opportunity to use the best technology to make a big impact in a huge industry.
• Highly competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and lots of room to grow.