We are looking for a user-experience (UX) designer able to understand our
business requirements, any technical limitations, and usability concerns. This
UX designer will primarily translate business requirements into well thought out
wireframes and mockups, as well as be responsible for conceiving and
conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into
sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, and prototypes. The UX designer
will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in
order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with
user-testing, and advocate for the user.
● Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and
prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences capable of meeting
our business objectives
● Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and
mockups optimized mobile and desktop interfaces.
● Identify design problems and devise practical solutions.
● Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching,
prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
● Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core,
and new, functions, and features.
● Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate
● Ask insightful questions, and champion new ideas.
● The ability to articulate design and technology constraints to a
● Facilitate the conversation, through work product between the
product/content team and the downstream developers.
● Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
● Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given
to candidates who have experience designing simple solutions for
complex digital environments.
● Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle,
Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, or the like is a must. Basic
● Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of web technologies.
● Ability to work with stakeholders, to understand detailed requirements
and then design complete user experiences that meet that vision.
● Ability to take criticism as a clarification of understanding and to
redesign with that in mind.
● Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design
solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive
● A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting
user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic
analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
● Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
● Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas,
and solutions to teams and clients.
● Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing
abstract ideas into concrete design implications including edge cases.
● Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with high
level executives and other stakeholders to regularly deliver design
solutions for approval.
● Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
● Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
● Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and
innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest
trends and technologies.
Rooms To go opened its first store in 1991 in Orlando, Florida. We introduced an innovative new way to shop for furniture by featuring designer coordinated rooms, packaged to maximize savings for our customers.
Today, we are over 7,000 employees strong, operating more than 200 stores and 6 state-of-the-art distribution centers. We are the largest independent retail furniture company in America. As an industry leader in fast delivery, financing, product availability and the latest home fashions and designs, we sell quality merchandise at great prices.