PeopleTec is currently seeking a
to support our
Candidate will analyze complex virtual environments, capabilities and make recommendations. Candidate will administer and manage virtual server environments with Windows and Linux virtual machines. Responsible for the day-to-day support of server, app, or desktop virtualization. Disaster recovery monitoring and operations to include vCenter heartbeat, High availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), and vMotion. Designing, recommending, and deploying emerging server virtualization technologies. Support operations of multi-site and multi-vendor environments. Performing standard administration responsibilities including: monitoring and providing break/fix support to virtualized systems across the enterprise, architecting system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems, introducing and integrating new virtualization technologies into existing data center environments. Performing routine audits of systems and software. Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes. Working with Network and Storage Administration, planning, installing and configuring new hardware and software. Answering technical queries from other IT support teams (DBAs, app development, Networking, etc.). Documenting the configuration of the infrastructure. Troubleshooting any reported problems. System performance tuning. Responding and resolving service outages and interruptions. Research, evaluate, and recommend new tools and technologies for server virtualization. Identify trends and abnormalities and proactively take steps to prevent performance impacts to virtual environment and business function. Perform pro-active support functions and reporting to maintain the integrity of the enterprise virtual environment and business function. Take lead in the research, planning and implementation of server virtualization projects in accordance with and in support of RRMC IT goals and objectives. Provide on-going training and technical direction to other team members pertaining to virtualization optimization, installation, upgrades, configuration, and troubleshooting. May act as a technical project leader. May provide leadership to lower level employees
- Working knowledge of desktop applications including word processing, spreadsheets and database programs
- Requires minimum of DoD 8570 IAT certification (e. g., Security+CE)
- Ability to obtain Computing Environment certification within 6 months of hire
- Must be a U. S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience. Five years of related Systems Administration experience.
- Monitor, administer, and maintain vCenter modules and configurations
- Troubleshooting Experience in ESXi/Vsphere
- Hands-on experience with VMware vSphere 6. x, or 5. x. related technologies such as clustering, high availability, and DRS.
- Hands on experience deploying and maintaining Operations Manager
- Hands on experience deploying and maintaining VMware Replication Appliance (VRA)
- Experience with Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 5. x and higher
- Support implementation, configuration, operations, and maintenance of VMware components to include vCenter Server, ESXi Hosts, Standard/Distributed vSwitches, vSphere Data Protection, Operations Manager, etc.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address,HR@peopletec. comand/or phone number (256. 319. 3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.PeopleTec
https://peopletec. applicantpro. com